Wednesday 5 April 2017

KUTOKA FB: UMMIE ALLEY AIWEKEA MSIBA SHULE YAKE ARABIC SPEAKING PRIMARY SCHOOL (SASA VIKOKOTONI)


Ummie Aley mbele ya shule aliyosoma miaka ya 1960

Today I decided to visit my beautiful old school the former Arabic Speaking Primary School (re named as Vikokotoni Primary School and later to be known as Vikokotoni Secondary School).
This school together with Darajani School are destined to be demolished soon. I hope I'll be away somewhere far not to witness the massacre and its demise. 
I still cannot fathom as to how national icons like these can be demolished and wiped off the face of the earth to be replaced by shopping malls! I guess they'll be "shocking" malls as I'm shocked. 
I thought I might as well take pictures of myself and my old school as I don't know whose demise will come first. 
Let me try to remember a song in class four 1960 (57 years ago) urging the students to listen to what the school bell is telling them. The bell rings words which tell them that they are the future of the country, and that they should go to their classes to be at peace with their hearts. It tells them to work hard in everything they do. That they should study in their childhood so they can enjoy in adulthood.
I apologize for the mistakes in the song and the translation. Although we say "Al 3ilm fy sighar ka nnaqshi fyl hajar)," decades have passed and the nnaqsh have been erased from my stone and I have forgotten a lot. Please bear with me.
THE SONG
{Madha yaqulu l jaras madha ya qulu l jaras? X4
Yaqulu ya awladi ya amala l bilady x2 
Hayya ila ssufufy muslihati nnufusy x2
Washtaghilu bi jiddi fy kulli shay-in mujdi 
Ta3allamu sighaara li tas-a-adu kibaara x2
Hayya ila ssufuufy muslihatu nnufusy x2}
Imenitowa machozi...
haki ya Mungu it has taken me way back to my early school days with our dedicated teachers. God bless my teachers, alive and departed. I can't say God bless the school but wanaozibomoa skuli hizi...

Mungu anawaona na ndo mjuzi wa kila kitu.

No comments: